This is a best-selling book a few days, a lot of people who want to read it, because it is very good books. You can download ebook, i provide downloads as a pdf, kindle, word, txt, ppt, rar and zip. A book is very important in life. Life without book makes many people cannot know about any attractive things in the world. Hightechnology in this modern era makes many people can easy to get many books that they want and love in online book. The online book has same function looks like offline book. One of the best books is the book entitled The Appeal that gives the readers good inspiration.
Books Spesification :
Title : The Appeal
Books Rank : 256252
Author : John Grisham
Publisher : Doubleday
ISBN : 0385515049
Pages : 358
Type : Hardcover
Language : English
Label : Doubleday
Categories: United States
Type : Hardcover Paperback at Amazon
Release : 2008-01-29
Price : $27.95 on amazon store
This book is also rich of knowledge. It makes thereaders are interesting to read this online book. When you open The Appeal you willfind the attractive content. This book is delivered in simple word. It makes the readers are easy to know the meaning of the content of this online book The Appeal When you read The Appeal you will find attractive content that cannot be found in other online books. The content of this book is reallyawesome. This book gives the real examples about the real life in the world.
A short description :
Politics has always been a dirty game.
Now justice is, too.
In a crowded courtroom in Mississippi, a jury returns a shocking verdict against a chemical company accused of dumping toxic waste into a small town’s water supply, causing the worst “cancer cluster” in history. The company appeals to the Mississippi Supreme Court, whose nine justices will one day either approve the verdict or reverse it.
Who are the nine? How will they vote? Can one be replaced before the case is ultimately decided?
The chemical company is owned by a Wall Street predator named Carl Trudeau, and Mr. Trudeau is convinced the Court is not friendly enough. With judicial elections looming, he decides to try to purchase himself a seat on the Court. The cost is a few million dollars, a drop in the bucket for a billionaire like Mr. Trudeau. Through an intricate web of conspiracy and deceit, his political operatives recruit a young, unsuspecting candidate. They finance him, manipulate him, market him, and mold him into a potential Supreme Court justice. Their Supreme Court justice.
The Appeal is a powerful, timely, and shocking story of political and legal intrigue, a story that will leave readers unable to think about our electoral process or judicial system in quite the same way ever again. As the author of twenty bestselling books, John Grisham has set the standard for legal thrillers since the debut of The Firm in 1991. Enjoy this Q&A–as well as a personal note to Amazon readers–from John Grisham.1. Your new novel starts off where most courtroom dramas end–with the verdict. Where did you get the idea to reverse the usual order of events this time around?
The actual trial is not a terribly significant part of the story. Most all of the action and intrigue begins after the trial is over, with the verdict and the subsequent appeal.
2. The Appeal overtly suggests that elected judges can be bought. If the novel is meant as a cautionary tale, what’s next–the Presidential primaries?
Why not? Over one billion dollars will be spent next year in the Presidential primaries and general election. With that kind of money floating around, anything can be bought.
3. Speaking of electoral politics, you’ve been more vocal recently about your political views … first supporting Jim Webb for Senate and now endorsing Hillary Clinton for the White House. Have you given any thought to running for office yourself?
No. I made that mistake 25 years ago, and promised myself I would never do it again. I enjoy watching and participating in politics from the sidelines, but it’s best to keep some distance.
4. This is your first legal thriller in three years. How did it feel to get back to the genre that started it all, and can fans expect another thriller from you next year?
I still enjoy writing the legal thrillers, and don’t plan to get too far away from them. Obviously, they have been very good to me, and they remain popular. I plan to write one a year for the next several years.
5. Your nonfiction book The Innocent Man continues to be a bestseller in paperback. In your ongoing work with The Innocence Project, have you come across another story of the wrongfully convicted that begs to be written as nonfiction?
There are literally hundreds of great stories out there about wrongfully convicted defendants. I am continually astounded by these stories, and I resist the temptation to take the plunge again into non-fiction.
6. What’s on your bedside reading list at the moment?
1. The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin
2. Eric Clapton’s autobiography
3. East of Eden by John Steinbeck.
How It’s Work ?
1. Register a free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like (Personal use).
3. Cancel the membership at any time if not satisfied.
4. Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED until your free trial end.
Please Register & Join Membership